Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thrifty Local Gal!

Via The Rake's Secrets of the Day, I ran across Cheap But Not Easy, the website of a blogger from a north St. Paul suburb who has decided to attempt to purchase nothing over $20 for a full year (okay, there are a few exceptions, like certain personal services, household requirements, unforeseen repairs and the like).

Cool idea, though as one commenter mentions, tough to do if you have a spouse and/or kids. I do find lots of good thrifty tips and links there, though, for consignment shops (she's partial to Nu Look on 50th and Penn, among others), thrift stores (she likes Savers, as do I) and cheap eats (she mentions my old employer, the Cheese Shop at Surdyk's, where I slung high-end queso with the best of 'em).


So, you go, girl. Stay thrifty, Minneapolis (and St. Paul).

No comments: