Friday, March 7, 2008

Meat Raffles!

Tom Horgen writes up meat raffles for the Strib, though oddly he focuses first on a meat raffle in Golden Valley (?!? -- at least it's at the American Legion) and then on the kitschy "Risk Your Meat" event at Grumpy's in downtown. The saving grace of the article is a list of Nordeast (and other) bars that hold meat raffles. While not comprehensive, it is a pretty good list. I've won meat at Jimmy's and the 1029, and I was gratified to see that the Rail Station (nearest bar to me physically) has a meat raffle, which I didn't know.

Just thinking about all that yummy pork, beef, chicken (and, apparently, at Grumpy's meat raffles, lamb, rabbit and other goodies from Clancey's (here's a City Pages article that includes info on Clancey's)) gives me the meat sweats. Mmmmmm, meatily delicious.

No comments: